Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Somewhere I Belong...

I got so sick and tired of having to back up my blog with WordPress that I just decided to get a Blogspot blog. So far, I'm not regretting it!

This is officially the first post of what I hope will be many. I don't know who is going to read my blog (if anyone), but sometimes you just need to get it out, so here it is. I'll be ranting, rejoicing and reflecting, sometimes all in the same post. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? ;)

Right now, I'm super excited about one thing in particular: I'm moving out of my mother's house. I know that sounds horrible and ungrateful to say, but I'm 26 years old and I've never had the chance to move out until now and I just want to do it. I need my space, I need to grow up, and I need to get away from seeing my family every single day before they just cease to become special to me. At the moment, they're looking less and less special every day, and that's not a good thing (if you ask me).

So I've got this apartment (well, a house, actually) that I'll be renting come August 1st. It's absolutely beautiful and I'm in love. And the location is right on the major bus route in my town, as well as in a nice, quiet neighbourhood. Plus, the landlady is about the coolest you could ask for. I really can't go wrong. I move in on July 31st and have already reserved the van, conscripted moving help (my friends are wonderful) and paid my first month's rent.

In other news, I'm happy as a clown that this heat wave is over! If you'd spoken to me a week ago, I would have told you that I hate my hometown because it was 40-odd degrees all week... Now we've got a comfortable 20-25 degrees every day and I'm just loving it. (PS: We do Celcius here and I have no idea what that is in Fahrenheit.)

Lunch is calling me. <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home