Saturday, March 19, 2011

Keeping busy

That's what I've been doing! School has been so busy that "hectic" is a better word for how I've been feeling, but at the same time, it's keeping me (mostly) out of trouble, which isn't usually a bad thing!

I've recently gotten into making art, thanks to one of my new favourite people (we joke that she's my future wife). She's artistic and lovely and she's taught me how to make my horribly disorganized creative thoughts into things that are at least modestly pretty. I'm a work in progress, but learning is a nice process to be in the middle of.

Illuminate is apparently looking for poetry and photography, if anyone is interested in pitching in. I'll be helping out, so you know it's the cool thing to do! haha :)

Where on earth does the time go?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

Aw thanks for the plug :D
For some reason...I can't remember how I got the images into the pdf format...so maybe I'll just start a tumblr or something for Illuminate.

I've been ripping books apart, making art that way. It was really strange experience because I was feeling kind of like "NO! THE LIBRARY POLICE ARE COMING FOR YOU FOR SURE NOW!" as I ripped up the book. So . . . I'm curious, what kind of art were you guys doing?

March 21, 2011 at 4:09 AM  
Anonymous Cher said...

I get that feeling a lot. School seems to suck all my time of day away. It's like spending more than 12 hours of my day doing school stuff... >.>

Cool! Are you doing traditional art or digital art?? I'd love to see what you've come up with :D My artistic friends are too fun to be with ahha. We sound like aliens from another world when we talk.

That sounds cool, I might try and contribute some photos, but I don't think my photography's at a good enough level yet *shrug*

March 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM  
Anonymous lucy said...

Welcome to my world Jade, I've been working on school work and then in my spare time I've been expanding my graphics to include gifs and things. Mostly thanks to the fact that I'm addicted to tumblr.

That's so awesome to have great inspiration in real life! I look forward to seeing your art if you ever decide to post it.

Ahh Illuminate I'll definitely try to contribute something don't know what yet.

April 15, 2011 at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home