Friday, July 23, 2010

I think the word is "packrat"?

So while we're clearing out this storage locker, I'm finding all sorts of things that my mother has kept for years. Among them? Grocery receipts for small purchases made 7 years ago, the owner's manual for a VCR (yes, a VCR) that we haven't had for years, and one of those hooked rug things that my mother did when she was a teenager but never figured out how to "finish". The worst part of all is that when I looked through my boxes, I started feeling nervous that I was heading down the same road...

I'm moving a week from tomorrow, which is unbelievably exciting, but also a little stressful, because I have to have my affairs in order. A few friends are coming to help move and I've rented a van for Saturday, so it's not like I can just be late. On the plus side, I'm going to get a pretty awesome workout moving, and I get to see some of my friends that I really don't see often enough.

It just hit me last night that I'm leaving Ecko (my cat) behind. My new landlady asked that we not bring pets, which I think is fair, and besides, Ecko's never been away from her sister (my Mom's cat, Bu) and I think it would be mean for me to take her but not her sister. And my landlady would have lots of reasons not to want Bu in her house (including, but not limited to her tendency to relieve herself in random places and stratch/chew/climb everything in sight). So I'll be visiting really, really often to see my baby, because I'm just going to miss her like mad.

I'm into knitting at the moment. It comes and goes, but right now it's on the climb. I'm not entirely sure what I'm knitting, but I just like the calmness you feel when you get into the rhythm of something simple and repetitive for hours at a time and have something pretty to show for it when you're done. It's my de-stresser. I'm knitting something with grey yarn...maybe a scarf? Maybe a dishcloth? Who knows.

My sunburn is still peeling and I've got another pool party tomorrow. The horror! I have a feeling I'll suffer for it afterwards, but it will be so worth it to see everyone.

<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home