Friday, July 30, 2010

This is it!

This is the last post before I move and don't have internet for a couple of days! I've got almost everything packed except my computer (duh) and I've conscripted slave labour for tomorrow in the form of my friends. I even have a van reserved, so it's all set. All I need to do now is make sure I can get a key from my landlady. (Slightly important detail!)

The girls came over for girls' night last night and we had some barbecued chicken fajitas, which were truly divine. Then we took my brother's dogs for a walk and packed and washed dishes and all those boring things, but it's funny how they're not really boring when you're with the right people. It's so much easier to do them when you've got good company, and the girls are about the best company around.

Yesterday and today has been clean, clean, clean for me. My mother has an eye infection and so she's been seeing her doctor and going to special units in the hospital and such to get something done about it, so while she's gone I have to do the stuff I would normally do AND all of her stuff. My brother, on the other hand, normally does nothing and still does nothing. It seems a little unjust, to say the least.

For those who don't know, my brother and I are like oil and water. He's the unemployed high school dropout with a criminal record. I'm the Ph.D student who teaches classes at the university and reads Harry Potter and knits in her spare time.

Somehow, I think I can deal with being his exact opposite.

When I was little (he's 3 years my senior), he used to tell me that our mother loved him more than me. When I was a child, I was naive enough to believe it, and so I grew up hating him. Now I've come to realize that he's jealous of me, even though I'm not entirely sure why. I dislike him for entirely different reasons now, not the least of which is that it's really hard to love someone who refuses to show emotion.

I guess I just thought I'd clean the skeletons out of my closet, since everything else I own has already been packed!

See you in August!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Claire said...

Jadee love the new blog :) I don't know where the hours in the day seem to go anymore...but good luck moving and with your new place! <33

August 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home