Monday, August 23, 2010

I think I've finally recovered!

The party was definitely not for the faint of heart, but it was fun nonetheless. I ended up with only about 15 people in my house, for which I was grateful, because I've never heard that few people make so much noise! Amazingly, none of the neighbours sent the cops over, which is particularly surprising when popping all the balloons the morning after sounds remarkably like gunfire...

It took me all day yesterday to clean the house (mostly it was just a matter of scraping the cake smears off my living room floor because my friends very awesomely took down the decorations and loaded the dishwasher before they left). They were here till almost 2am, at which point I resolved to make the kitchen at least somewhat presentable before going to bed, because who wants to wake up to that, really? So a little after 3 it was finally bedtime. I was up again at 8 because Jade is incapable of sleeping once it's light outside.

This morning the house was spotless. I was impressed, to be honest. And there's a reason it was so clean: viewings. Three of them. One at 12, one at 3 and one at 7:30 this evening. The first was (as I expected) horrible. First of all, he was a he. Second of all, he was old and creepy. A definite "no". The second one was also a he, but at least he was young (only 23) and seemed nice. He also seemed really eager, so I have a feeling that if none of the women we interview expresses interest, he'll take it in a heartbeat. It's nice to know. The third was a girl, 28 years old and working full-time nearby. She was nice, but there was just something about her...I can't put my finger on it. She felt uncomfortable to be around, somehow, and I don't know why. In any case, her response was essentially "If I can't find a better place and the room's still available, I might take it." So I guess she's also a "no". But if nothing else, I'm getting better at showing the place.

There are three more coming tomorrow as well. I've got a girl at 3:30 and two girls at 4pm, all of which sound promising.

Let's hope tomorrow yields better results than today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home